Saturday, May 19, 2007

Do y'all ever stop to think about circumstances surrounding bothersome incidents in your life? Last week my car battery died and I mean that thing was deader than a doornail. It happened on Friday morning around 11:30 in the morning. And it sucked! I had planned a fun day of shopping with my mom and Matthew and Austin and we had just finished our first stop and when we got to the car it was dead. So, I had to run in and find someone to tow us and then we had to go to Wal-Mart and get a new battery and just made it to pick up Morgan from school without being too late. It also put us back $120.

But...the week before we would not have had that $120 in the bank. Period. No credit, no help from parents, nothing. We couldn't have paid for it. But this week, we had a cushion to help out and it didn't set us back too badly.

And...I had also worked all that week and it didn't die on me at 7:00 at night when I got off work or at 2:00 in the afternoon when Morgan needed to be picked up so that means that it wouldn't have been a mad rush to get me home from work to pick him up or have Chad load up all three boys in a car with not enough car seats to come and get me.

I really appreciate the fact that even in the little things God helps out. Because they say that there are no coincidences and this is just too coincidental for me!!

3 comments:

Neva said...

I dont believe in coincidences either. I think God still lives and works in us. Somethings are a direct result of our actions--consequences, but some are God-things.
Love ya
Neva
KTB

Bill Williams said...

This is definitely off-topic. But I wanted to take a moment to say I hope you are having a great Fourth of July with family and friends!

May God's richest blessings be yours,
-bill
Spiritual Oasis Blog

Larissa said...

Are you ever going to blog again???