Saturday, July 28, 2007

Family Blessings

I am in Dawsonville, GA this weekend with most of my immediate family minus my Chad and my dad but all my sisters and their families are here along with my brother and his family and my grandparents. We also have five generations here this time too, the last time we had five generations was when my great grandma was still alive. Our number will total more than 30 when we add in all the boyfriends and girlfriends.

What I love most about my family is that years and years can pass and we won't see each other and then we'll get together and it's like no time at all has passed. The ease, the comfort with each other is still there and I look at them all and marvel that this is my family and that these are the people that I get to call my own while we are here on earth. Seeing them play with my kids, seeing their kids growing up and meeting the people that they will start their families with and being able to remember the announcement of their conception and that time they spit up on me or when I walked them around and around our house when I was 12 and helping my mom babysit.

I love my family so much and miss them when I am away from them. But this weekend I'm going to enjoy every single one of them and appreciate what they add to my life. And when I say goodbye I'm going to cry but I'll know that the next time I see them I will hug them and be right back in the familiarity that is family.

1 comment:

Bill Williams said...

Sorry for the the off topic comment. But, as we turn our hearts toward family and friends during the Christmas holiday, I wanted to let you to know that I am thankful for blessing of many new friends I’ve come to “know” here in blogland. The tie that binds us is our shared love for and devotion to the Savior whose birth we remember during this special time of the year. May your days be full of holiday blessings; and, may your heart be filled with the warmth of His presence.

Blessings,
-bill
Spiritual Oasis Blog