Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Valuable Lesson

I had a new experience this weekend both as a Christian and as a wife. I submitted to my husband on a choice that I didn't agree with but I knew that I didn't have a choice if I want to live the way I want to as a Christian. I'm not going to go into the whys and whatnot but I will just say that he feels one way and I feel the polar opposite. And I was mad and my feelings were hurt and I wanted him to know every feeling I had. But I knew that I didn't want him to change his mind to make me happy. I knew that he wouldn't ask me to do something unless he felt strongly about it and just because I don't feel the way he does doesn't make his feelings any less. I felt like I had a very valid argument about why I should be able to continue what I was doing and I informed him of some of them but he remained firm in his opinion and that's when I knew I had to submit. I whined about it for a while and this morning when I woke up and still felt incredibly resentful, it came down to realizing how incredibly selfish I was being. I knew that what we were disagreeing on was in no way more important than him and I was placing more importance on something than it deserved. I knew that God could change my heart on this if I asked him too and I did and He did. And in a heartbeat all my anger, my resentment was gone. In a heartbeat. One minute I was crying and feeling so sorry for myself and the next I felt totally at peace with it all. It's not about wanting my way, it's about putting Chad's feelings over my wants. And his feelings will win out every single time.

1 comment:

Neva said...

I am very proud of you!!!

Love
Mom
KTB