Monday, April 09, 2007

Some more thoughts on Grace...

I came to a realization today. Do you know why we can be gracious to people and put them above ourselves? Because we are children of the King and we are already so highly valued by God that it just adds to our value when we act like him. One very important thing to remember when we read Phillipians 2:3-4 that says, "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." is that we in no way lower ourselves or our worth when we do this. Do you think Jesus thought of himself as less than us when He died for our sins? Of course not. I'm just saying that we can't use this verse and let ourselves be doormats or allow others to tell us that it demeans us to consider others better than us. In our society today, this mindset is totally foreign and I don't want to stumble because Satan tells me that I should look out for myself because no one else will. Well, I have God looking out for me when I strive to do His will so I think I can be satisfied with that!!

No comments: