Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Clarity

I had a moment of clarity at church Sunday and it's one of those thoughts that I need to keep in my head all the time.

Do not be proud of your relationship with God. Take pride in it, definitely, but don't think that just because you have one, you are better than anyone else. I wish I knew how to line out words because I was thinking of this last night and I don't agree with even taking pride in it. Instead, thank God every day that you have one. Thank God that he wants us to love him and be with him. Thank God that there is no goodbye and that we can all live with him and each other for eternity.

And what is so scary, is that there is such a fine line in those two things and it seems to me the only difference sometimes is the tone of voice. You've heard it, that oily tone that takes over when we talk about how we're doing something and we just happened to notice someone else not doing it. If it turns me off, think how it turns off people searching for the Lord.

No comments: