Wednesday, February 14, 2007

No Matter What

Chad and I have been married for almost eight years. It was eight years ago today that he took me to Wendy's in Bend, OR, parked in the back out of the way and gave me my Valentine's gift. It was three hat boxes and in the top one was a ton of candy - miniature Snickers bars. The second one was Chicken Soup for the Couples Soul and in the bottom was a red heart shaped pillow that had "Will you marry me?" embroidered on it with the ring tied to it. I knew it was coming but it was still such a clever, romantic way to ask. I knew I was gonna marry Chad within a month of us going out. I remember sitting in church and I looked down and I saw our legs beside each other and I knew I was gonna see those legs next to each other from then on.

We've really worked at this marriage. The first years were stormy but I'm one of the lucky ones and I'm married to a man that takes into account what I say and makes himself and consequently myself better. We are each other's top priority. He holds my hand at night when we watch tv. He tells me he loves me every time we talk. He listens when I talk (even when he doesn't act like it!) and he respects me and he appreciates me and he loves me more than I ever imagined I would be loved.

When I was single, my Grandpa told me to pray to God to send me the man that God wanted me to marry. When I realized that Chad was that man, it amazed me how God took the littlest want I had and brought it all together in Chad. I am so blessed. Another thing that my grandparents taught me was "No Matter What". Chad and I decided that we would love each other no matter what. And that is even engraved on Chad's wedding band. It's worked for the last eight years with such amazing results that I can't wait to see what the next eight years have in store!!

2 comments:

Neva said...

Can I just say I love you so much!! and God is so good!!

I prayed for you before I ever knew you. From birth, Chad was a very special child. He was always very loving and tender, the defender of the underdog. I love those things about him. I began praying God would send a woman into his life who would appreciate this gentle giant with big feet and an even bigger heart. I am so glad God send Chad someone who would love him, no matter what.
Love ya
Mom
KTB

Larissa said...

Hey, we are good. God is taking good care of us. I don't know if you read my post about the new book I'm reading, but it has really transformed my life, and has really helped me deal with everything so much better. Anyways, thanks for stopping by. So far no vommiting, so I guess we're all right!