Friday, February 23, 2007

I am...

I am the fifth child born to a mom and the fourth child born to a dad who came together to have their first child in me.
I am the little girl who loved to read no matter what it was and remember reading Danny and the Dinosaur sitting on my grandma's lap.
I am the little girl who played for hours on rocks outside our house pretending to be Ayla the cavewoman. (I told you I'd read anything!)
I am the little girl who sat on the playground with another little girl and pledged to be friends forever and we still are.
I am the young lady who loved Drama and was the lead in my ninth grade play.
I am the young lady who wanted so badly to have a boyfriend but never found the right one.
I am the young woman who thought she had found the right one in high school.
I am the young woman who gave college a try but just couldn't do it.
I am the woman who tried a lot of different jobs before finding my perfect niche in childcare.
I am the woman who cried over the body of an elderly man who had died in a tornado in the town where I was on the Volunteer Fire Department.
I am the woman who set off cross country with my mom and little sister to find a new start in Oregon.
I am the woman who resigned herself to being single.
I am the woman who fell madly in love with a man who is seven years younger than me.
I am the woman who was lucky enough to find a man who always wanted to be a dad.
I am the woman who is the mother of three beautiful boys.
I am the mother who tries so hard to be a good mom and falls short all the time.
I am the mother who gets up and tries again.
I am the wife, the mother, the sister, the daughter, the friend of so many people who make my life complete and I am who I am because of them.
I am God's favorite child and He has showered me with blessing after blessing.

Who are you?

2 comments:

Neva said...

I am . . .your mother in law
and
I am . . . proud and honored to be so.

Linkachild Admin said...

I AM MORE!!

I'm more than your daughter, your sister, your wife, your mother, your friend your lover, your confidence
I am of royal lineage and a priestly one too.
The evil one comes cunning and whispers words that lead to strife, worry, low self esteem
NO! You choose me from the creation of time; I'm whole, of purpose and of excellence.

I'm more than your......

I was made, created, fashioned, cultivated, planned (not an after thought) and supervised by God to be ezer (helper) to the kingdom.
I am valuable to God, I am somebody not to be used and abused....
Capable, intelligent, virtuous I am; who can find me? Only in Christ, for God's glory.

I'm more than your......

The evil one whispers....your too short, too tall, too fat, too skinny, too loud, too quiet, too shy, too out spoken, have an accent, not qualified, too qualified, too old, too young......have nothing to offer (A LIE) for I'm adorned with glory, power, majesty my true beauty ......the essence of me.
In me is trust, peace, love and life.

I'm more than your.....

Greater is in me........
I have so much inside, to be birth, walked out, excised and then refilled; my assignment? Gods plan, to use this 'building" for His Kingdom.
Setting my affection, looking to the Kingdom first my lord provides all, all that I would ever need.

I'm more than your.....

For when you see me you see Him in all His glory; when I speak you hear His words cutting and dividing the word of truth, as it should.

For I AM MORE! I AM MORE!!!
I AM OF ROYAL BLOOD
I AM OF A ROYAL FAMILY
I AM OF A ROYAL KINGDOM AND A PRIESTLY ONE TOO.
www.refinedone.wordpress.com