Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Morgan Musings...

This isn't a post about a thought I had that turned into an epiphany, it's about my oldest son Morgan. Morgan is five and wonderful. We had a conversation today that is a pretty good example of conversations we have about once every couple of weeks and I thought to myself that I had to write this one down to remember how he once thought.

Morgan: Mom, what if I was a race car driver and I broke my arm? Would I be able to work or eat?
Mom: Yeah, you could use your other arm.
Morgan: Well, what if I broke both arms?
Mom: Then I guess someone would have to feed you.
Morgan: Once they started to heal, could I go back to work?
Mom: Yeah.
Morgan: What if I got into another wreck and broke my arms again?
Mom: Then you should probably look for another job.

A couple minutes later...

Morgan: When I turn 16, maybe Matthew and I will go hunting.
Mom: Maybe.
Morgan: What if we saw a bear and I had to tell Matthew to shoot it and he shot it, would that be good?
Mom: Yep, but only if it's attacking you.
Morgan: If it was attacking us we would call 911, I mean the fire department and they would come and spray water on it.
Mom: (Duh...finally getting in on the fun stuff of asking questions back!!) What if the bear was on fire?
Morgan: Then the firefighters would put him out and he would probably be dead.
Mom: What if we set him on fire? (I know, I'm not sure what I was thinking!!)
Morgan: Can we do that?
Mom: I don't know, the next time we see a policeman we need to ask him whether or not it's illegal to set bears on fire...I think it is.

I just love the fact that he can talk for hours about anything. Of course, there are those times when all I want to do is hear the last two minutes of a really good movie and he wants to know something totally off the wall but for the most part, I love hearing what he has to say!

1 comment:

Neva said...

If he broke both arms and couldn't work, couldn't he call AFLAC?

Just asking,
Grandma