Sunday, January 21, 2007

Happy New Year!

I know I'm way late. I just have had so much on my mind and it's all been negative. It's hard when you feel like you can't say anything positive because there is so much yuck (what's the opposite noun word for hope?) in your brain. I do know that I haven't been spending near the time I need to with my God, which is probably why I've felt so bad. But, I can't live like that. I have to feel happiness and hope in my life. So, once again I handed over my problems to God and this time, I really wish I'd stop taking them back! He handles them so much better than I do.

The other day, I noticed something that made me stop and think. Matthew wanted a bottle of water. He hardly ever drinks out of a bottle, he is usually just fine with a cup. I didn't want to give him the bottle because I knew he would take maybe two drinks out of it and then the rest would be spilled or whatever. So, he cried and cried and whined and pouted until I finally gave in and gave him that stupid bottle and sure enough he drank one drink and that was it. How many times do we make a big deal over something so minor that our whole world is turned upside down until we get it and then realize that it wasn't what we needed anyway. Matthew didn't want water, he probably needed a nap or a hug or something but that bottle of water received the focus of all his needs and so it became more important than it actually was.

It spoke to me because I need the Lord. I get along great when my goal during the day is to be with Him and to be like Him. But there are times when slowly but surely, I turn my head to look at something else and start concentrating on it when before I know it, I'm yelling and whining for a bottle of water when what I really need is just a drink from His word or a moment or two in prayer.

"Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
John 4:13-14

1 comment:

Neva said...

Great post and I like the new format, too.
I love you

Neva