Thursday, March 08, 2007

Okay, I FINALLY got it!

I was in the Enrichment program when I was in elementary school but I think once I hit junior high, all bets were off. I'm quick to learn but when I have a thought in my head it takes a long time before I can even entertain that just because it's MY thought, doesn't necessarily make it right.

So anyway, my latest pet peeve has been ignorant people. People who spout off about things and I think, "Are you kidding me?? Do you hear yourself?" And for the last little while, I have felt like it was my God given duty to set these people straight. And I get so frustrated because they don't listen!! I mean, my own kids hardly listen to me and I expect strangers on the Internet to go, "man, thanks for that, you have truly set my path straight!" (Okay, I don't really expect that but it would be nice to hear from time to time.)

But today I had an epiphany and please don't laugh because I know God has us learn things on our own schedule so we really learn it but just because y'all learned when you were five doesn't make my learning it any less special! I'm supposed to pray for people! Especially the ones that really annoy me, the ones I want to really say not nice things too. I need to give them to God in prayer because obviously, my way doesn't work as well as His does!

So...that's what I'm gonna try to do is really seriously pray about anything and everything I feel the need too. I'm not a real good prayer to start with, it's hard for me to remember to pray a lot of the time and I know that to get closer to my God, I need to take more time to talk to Him.

So, if you could, could you pray for me?

**I know this post is silly but it really was a serious revelation for me, I just had a big Duh! moment when I realized it.
***I also knew to pray for people but the concept of praying for them whenever I thought about how much they irritated me was part of my revelation.

1 comment:

Neva said...

Praying now,
Love ya
Mom
KTB