Thursday, November 16, 2006

Surrender...

I got a bunch of CDs from a friend of mine a couple of months ago and they are all Christian. I have a five player CD player in my car so every single slot is loaded with these CDs and I and the boys listen to them when we drive. Morgan and Matthew have their favorites and it switches from week to week but there is nothing better than hearing Morgan sing, "from the cross to the grave, from the grave to the sky, Lord I life your name on high!" It makes me teary eyed just thinking about it! (And to all my Church of Christ relatives...yes, it has music!! But I figure we aren't in worship so it's okay!!)

Anyway...

I was bouncing around yesterday from track to track and I came upon this one by Stuart Townend called Jesus, Lover of My Soul. I can't find the words to it online because I guess it's another version of the original but the opening goes like this,

It's all about you Jesus
And all this is for you
For your glory and your faith
It's not about me
As if you should do things my way
You alone are God
And I surrender to your ways.
The first couple of times I heard that, I could feel myself start to well up and I wasn't even really listening, I just kept hearing this chorus over and over. This really just explains it all doesn't it? I mean, the hardest part of becoming a Christian or even staying a Christian is realizing that it's all about Jesus and who are we to make it about us? These words just keep reverberating in my heart every single time I read them or hear them. Just giving every single thing I am to God because he is God. But for those of who may not understand the fullness of this, once we give our whole self to God, guess what we become?
Take your pick...
Child of the King
Heir to the Kingdom
Bride of Christ
Saved for eternity
Not a bad exchange is it?

1 comment:

Neva said...

amen!